fbpx
 

Açaí’s benefits

 

The açaí is a fruit that grows naturally from the palm trees in the Amazon.

It belongs to the super-fruit group due to its countless nutrients, which can satisfy every vital need. We bring it directly from our plantations in Brazil after exclusively selecting the highest-quality pulp. We always take care of traceability. We ensure the utmost care of the environment where fruits are cultivated as well as of the “ribeirinhos”, where they have been growing for centuries acquiring their properties. If you have the chance to visit us, you will notice the energy and passion for life they transmit.

 

Açaí’s properties are talked about extensively. You will find a lot of information on websites, blogs… where they say wonderful things about the fruit. We only want to tell you about the features that we can prove by means of the thorough analysis of our product.

Açaí pulp quality

Only 10% of the açaí fruit is pulp, the remaining 90% is seeds. To extract the fruit and be able to eat it, it is necessary to add water by means of a process that is carried out within 24 hours after the harvest. That is the reason why there are 3 different Açaí quality grades, according to the fruit concentration and the water amount they contain.

 

9%* POPULAR GRADE
12%* MEDIUM GRADE
14%* SPECIAL GRADE CORAÇAI (THICK CORAÇAÍ)
(*) Solid concentration percentages. Remainder of water

 

The best way to straightforward recognise the quality of any given açaí pulp is by just checking out the nutrition facts. The ingredients of the açaí pulp are açaí, water and citric acid. The only ingredient with calories is the açaí, meaning that the more calories the more fruit it contains.

 

The Coraçaí pulp has 100 kcal. The pulps of lower quality have between 70 and 80 kcal.

 

Our açaí has a great amount of antioxidants (more than black grapes or blueberries, for example) and it is a source of iron with a high vitamin E, calcium, potassium and magnesium content. It also has a high unsaturated fat, omega 6 and omega 9 content.

Some of the açaí’s healthy properties

It helps diminish weariness and fatigue.

It contributes to a better functioning of the immune system.

It contributes to cell protection against oxidative damage (antioxidant) and to blood circulation, energy metabolism and the normal transport of body oxygen.

It contributes to the normal functioning of muscles and digestive enzymes (it helps digestion) and to the maintenance of bones and teeth.

It also contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system, the cognitive function and blood pressure.

Did you know?

 

If you eat açaí, you are replacing saturated fat by unsaturated fat and thus contributing to keep normal blood cholesterol levels.

Did you know?

 

If you eat açaí, you are replacing saturated fat by unsaturated fat and thus contributing to keep normal blood cholesterol levels.

Pitaya’s (dragon fruit) benefits

 

The pitaya (dragon fruit) is a very exotic fruit that grows in the Central American tropical climate.

Our organic pink pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, comes from Nicaragua. It has been recognised as a super-fruit for its high nutrient content and its multiple beneficial properties for the human body.

 

Being sweet-scented and sweet-flavoured, the pitaya is a jewel from the nutritional point of view. It is especially rich in vitamin B and vitamin C, which have a high antioxidant power. It also contains mucilages, ascorbic acid, phenols and minerals such as calcium, phosphorous and iron. It has a low calorie content and a high water content. Besides, it contains plant protein and soluble fibre, which reduce the sense of hunger. Its seeds are edible and are very similar to kiwi’s and contain beneficial fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6). One of its most remarkable properties is its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory action.

Some of the pitaya’s healthy properties

It strengthens the immune system by stimulating the production of white cells, red blood cells and platelets.

It has an anti-inflammatory effect.

It helps regulate intestinal transit. The seeds have a laxative effect.

It helps prevent kidney stones.

It regulates blood sugar level.

It delays cellular ageing.

It improves iron absorption (essential to prevent or fight iron-deficiency anaemia).

It improves iron absorption (essential to prevent or fight iron-deficiency anaemia). It favours collagen production.

açai sin azúcar
icon-bio
açai cereal
açai vegano
açai vegano